Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Birth:3.1kg; 1 month:4.1kg; 2 months: 4.7kg; 3 months : 5.2kg; 4 months: 5.9kg; 5 months: 6.5kg; 6 months: 7.0kg; 7 months:

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The first day~

Friday, (31st October 2008)


I did not get that much sleep, neither did Ummi or Ayah. Through the night I kept on crying. Ummi kept on giving me milk every time I cried. Still I drank very little and doze off to sleep.

Then morning came. It was subuh time that I had a hiccup and cried a little. Ayah and Ummi did not know what to do, so they called in the nurse. The nurse just told Ummi to keep on feeding me and that it is normal for babies to have hiccups. So that's what Ummi did. She forced me to drink. Because I am such a good girl I followed and drank. True enough what the nurse said, the hiccup all gone. Then the nurse came in again to take me up to the third level for a bath. Ayah followed as he wanted to watch how the nurse bathe Sofeah with excitement.

I was supposed to be discharge around 2pm but the doctor forgot to do my circumcision and also give me my bcg shot so we were delayed going back to Tok Ma's house. When we were ready to go back to tak Ma's house after maghrib time we found out that the lift did not work and that we may have to use the stairs, but the nurse would not let us do that because it's against the hospital policy. And so we waited. Lucky for us a few minutes waiting the lift was OK again.
____________________________________________________________________

Ummi's note:-

~Ummi bearly slept that night as the nurse kept coming in and out to check on Ummi's temperature and also blood pressure.

~Just before the hiccup incident around subuh time. An elderly nurse came in, and asked ummi whether ummi fed sofeah and ummi answered that sofeah only drank a little. The nurse worried and wanted to bring sofeah up to the third floor to feed her formula milk. Tapi Ummi Sofeah ni berkeras hati juga hendak breastfeed. Nurse tu dah macam paksa-paksa but still Ummi would not budge with her decision to breastfeed Sofeah. Bukannye Ummi tidak ada susu cuma it was the first time. What do you expect. If Ummi tidak ada susu lain cerita. Sedih rasa hati bile nurse tu nak jugak bagi formula milk(I thought the hospital breastfeeding friendly..hmm)...huhue..maaf la ter'emo la pulak. Bab-bab jagaan anak jangan main-main, lagi-lagi anak sendiri.Semestinya kita nak yang terbaik untuk anak kita. Susu ibu adalah yang terbaik..~

~Ayah and Ummi literally panicked when sofeah had her first hiccup. So we called in the nurse to help us. Disebabkan insiden ini Sofeah sudah pandai hisap susu...hehe~

~Ummi woke up that morning and did her mandi wiladah.

No comments: